[ILUG-BOM] [OT] advice on graphics hardware

shailesh bhate shailesh_bhate@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Mon Sep 3 11:37:02 IST 2001

Hi!

	Why not use GeForceIII or other such card? I heard somewhere
that Matrox is slowly losing in competition and performance as well. I
use a RivaTNT2 card and it has good performance, but I don't think it
will satisfy the need for very high end graphics that you are looking
for. Also, why are you going in for a branded PC? Try assembling your
own PC. Its fun to build them and its very cheap as compared to branded
ones.
	Also, try going in for a very good Motherboard too. FSB matters
a lot. I would personally recommend an ASUS board. I myself use this
board. A real performer.

	Alternatively, since you are putting in so much money, why not
put some more and go for an SGI (Silicon Graphics) workstation? It
rocks!

Regards,
Shailesh.