[ILUG-BOM] [OT] help with winME and LILO wanted

Philip S Tellis philip.tellis@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Mon Sep 3 12:14:03 IST 2001

On Sun, 2 Sep 2001, Navin wrote:

This is off topic.

> im running winME & RH7.1 on my m/c since winME does not allow me to
> go into real dos mode, is there any way of making LILO do this. that
> is have an option by which i can boot into real dos mode

In order to go into real mode dos, you'll need a real mode system.
WinME does not have a real mode system, so you'll have to get one.
Create a FAT16 partition, and put MSDOS6.2 on it.  Then use lilo to boot
into it.

--
Who wouldn't be interested in everything we do?!
		-- Calvin

Visit my webpage at http://www.ncst.ernet.in/~philip/
Read my writings at http://www.ncst.ernet.in/~philip/writings/

  MSN  philiptellis                         Yahoo!  philiptellis