[ILUG-BOM] [OT] advice on graphics hardware

Trevor Warren trevorwarren@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Tue Sep 4 13:31:02 IST 2001

--- Kishor Bhagwat <aaaaarrrgghhh at yahoo.com> wrote:
> hello!
> The main contender is HP Vectra, with a Matrox card
> (agp).
> Please let me know of any experiences you guys might
> have with this
> model / graphics
> card (suggestions welcome please..its a 80K
[snip]
  I hav played Quake and NFS5 on these cards on
windoZe and the resolution is enough to keep any
average gamer satisfied.  Atleast i never witnessed
any issues with this card.
   But i guess logically.....more the amount of VRAM
on the card, better the performance.
  According to some of my pals who have been
benchmarking these graphic cards .....if u r a diehard
Game freak then u should rather go in for a Gforce
GTS..but there is again an issue with these GFORCE
cards....i/e they do 3D very well...but hav an average
performance with 2D kinda work.

Trevor Warren
thefreeosguy at yahoo.com

> computer!)
>
> regards,
> kishor

=====
( >-        LINUX, It's all about CHOICE      -< )
/~\    __   http://www.trevorwarren.com   __   /~\
|  \) /     mailto: trevorwarren at yahoo.com  \ (/ |
|_|_  \ Urgent ->9820349221 at maxtouch.co.in  /                / _|_|