[ILUG-BOM] installing win after installing linux

shailesh bhate shailesh_bhate@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Tue Sep 4 14:56:03 IST 2001

> win95/98. Now that i have completed the installation, how do
> i get to the
> 2gb partition which i have set aside and install win95/98. I
Is this partition the *first* Primary partition? DOS recognizes only the
first primary partition (don't know why does it not recognize the
others) and also this partition needs to be set as the active partition.

Also keep in mind that your LILO will be overwritten after Windoze 9x
installs itself, so make a Linux bootable floppy before hand and/or copy
the vmlinuz file on your Windoze partition. You can use loadlin.exe
later to boot into Linux.

Regards,
Shailesh.