[ILUG-BOM] I want to verify sender email address domain to relay his email.

Philip S Tellis philip.tellis@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Tue Sep 4 16:27:03 IST 2001

On Tue, 4 Sep 2001, Trevor Warren wrote:

> > I have installed postfix for experimenting..
> > Now what I want is that user having from address
> > with my domain name can only relay.
> > can somebody tell me how do i do this.
> [snip]
>   AFAIK, for qmail there is a pop before smpt patch
> available. It's 1 way of preventing open smtp relay
> for ur mail servers.

That's not what he wants.  In sendmail, this is the default, but can be
changed using promiscuous_relay, relay_entire_domain, relay_hosts_only,
relay_based_on_MX, relay_mail_from, relay_local_from,
accept_unqualified_senders and accept_unresolvable_domains

Postfix I don't know.

Philip

--
"There are things that are so serious that you can only joke about them"
- Heisenberg

Visit my webpage at http://www.ncst.ernet.in/~philip/
Read my writings at http://www.ncst.ernet.in/~philip/writings/

  MSN  philiptellis                         Yahoo!  philiptellis
  AIM  philiptellis                         ICQ     129711328