[ILUG-BOM] Please Help me out

Satpal Ramgadia satsonic@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Fri Sep 7 09:46:02 IST 2001

Hiee,

How r u?
I m a new linuxuser searching for a proper solution as
soon as possible

I need some help from u
i installed linux7.1 pcquest linux (seawolf) on my
server now i need to configure it. i need to configure
it as a server. how should i configure it?
i given ip address to my server 192.168.0.55 and my
client is 192.168.0.45
i m able to ping other windows98 client & i can ping
from my win98 clietns to linux server

The details r as follows in order to understand u the
problem better

Domain name : linux_domain
host : linux_host.linux.domain
ip address of server : 192.168.0.55
ip address of win98 client : 192.168.0.45

i configured samba server but its not working
previously it was showing MYGROUP in network
neighbourhood but was not accessibly
it was giving some error : not accessible

i given name in samba server : MYGROUP

if u can help me out of this problem i will be very
thankful to u

My problem is : i need to configure linux server with
samba server or without samba server to share linux
directories in windows 98 network neighbourhood
i want to share linux directories from my windows98
clients

Thanx
Satsonic