[ILUG-BOM] Kernel 2.4.9 and X

Philip S Tellis philip.tellis@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Fri Sep 7 18:08:02 IST 2001

I have kernel 2.4.7 and 2.4.9, XFree86-4.0.3

Under 2.4.7, X runs perfectly, under 2.4.9, it refuses to start up,
giving me a DMA allocation error.  I get errors like this in my kernel
log files:

i810_ioremapfree:mappings] *ERROR* Attempt to free NULL pointer
i810_ioremapfree:mappings] *ERROR* Excess frees: 153 frees, 2 allocs

Absolutely no problems in 2.4.7.  The only difference in kernel configs
is that ftpfs is enabled in 2.4.9, but module sizes are very different
in the two kernels.

Ideas?

Philip

--
"Religion is something left over from the infancy of our intelligence, it will
fade away as we adopt reason and science as our guidelines."

Visit my webpage at http://www.ncst.ernet.in/~philip/
Read my writings at http://www.ncst.ernet.in/~philip/writings/

  MSN  philiptellis                         Yahoo!  philiptellis
  AIM  philiptellis                         ICQ     129711328