[ILUG-BOM] Kernel 2.4.9 and X

Philip S Tellis philip.tellis@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Sat Sep 8 14:13:02 IST 2001

Sometime on Sep 7, Erle Pereira assembled some asciibets to say:

> > i810_ioremapfree:mappings] *ERROR* Attempt to free NULL pointer
> > i810_ioremapfree:mappings] *ERROR* Excess frees: 153 frees, 2 allocs
>
> I have run my ALI-Aladdin V board (& SiS 6326 card) , safely thru'
> 2.4.6 -> 2.4.9
> on 4.0.3
>
> so my guess would be.... if U haven't enabled / disabled any other
> options, a prob with i810 module.

It is a DMA problem with the DRM module, but I am unable to isolate it.
I could try using the 2.4.7 modules with 2.4.9, but given the large
difference in size, I'm not sure this would work.  Will try it anyway.
I checked the 2.4.10pre4 Changelog, but there's no mention of any
fixes for i810.

Philip

--
Could this be the best day of my life?

       		-- Homer Simpson
		   Homer the Heretic

Visit my webpage at http://www.ncst.ernet.in/~philip/
Read my writings at http://www.ncst.ernet.in/~philip/writings/

  MSN  philiptellis                         Yahoo!  philiptellis
  AIM  philiptellis                         ICQ     129711328