[ILUG-BOM] Encryption program

Philip S Tellis philip.tellis@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Sun Sep 9 11:59:03 IST 2001

Sometime Today, Fart Crimson assembled some asciibets to say:

> number crunching mechanisms to hide data. I am looking for
> something akin to the UNIX `crypt' of yesteryears!

crypt is not reversible.  If you want something reversible, try base64.
Not encryption, just encoding, but becomes gibberish to the avg user.
ROT13 is also decent.  You can write your own code in any of 238
different languages.

Philip

--
Sometimes a man will tell his bartender things he'll never tell his doctor.
		-- Dr. Phillip Boyce, "The Menagerie" ("The Cage"),

Visit my webpage at http://www.ncst.ernet.in/~philip/
Read my writings at http://www.ncst.ernet.in/~philip/writings/

  MSN  philiptellis                         Yahoo!  philiptellis
  AIM  philiptellis                         ICQ     129711328