[ILUG-BOM] MySQL connectivity?

Sameer D. Sahasrabuddhe sam_buddhe@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Sun Sep 9 23:02:02 IST 2001

rdkoli wrote:

>I wish connect MySQL Linux Server from my Windows 98 Clients. I have
>downloaded MySQL ODBC for windows. But for some reason, m not able to
>configure it right.

Please specify what is going wrong ... maybe you simply cannot connect to
the server? Try to telnet to port 3306. One very likely problem is that
mysql is not listening to that port - make sure that the config file does
not have the option "skip-networking", which is present by default. If this
is so, the server will only listen to local socket connections.

HTH,
SameerDS.