[ILUG-BOM] Running Netscape on the remote machine

Satya satyap@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Thu Oct 4 21:56:03 IST 2001

On Oct 4, 2001 at 11:36, Philip S Tellis wrote:

>On Wed, 3 Oct 2001, Satya wrote:
>> On Aug 1, 2001 at 12:00, Philip S Tellis wrote:
>> >On your localmachine, from an xterm, type:
>> >xhost +remotehost
>> What if the remote machine is a winbox running Xwin32?
>No difference.  xhost +machine_wanting_to_use_X_services.  Of course
>this would probably be a menu option somewhere.

A pretty visible menu option, thank Eris.

>> X either doesn't start, or the display is on the server -- where it
>> crashes (I think) if you try to give it input.
>X doesn't start?  X should be running on the winbox that you're
>exporting your display to using export DISPLAY=winbox:0

Well it works now. I don't know what the problem was -- perhaps the
utter lack of running xdm on the Linux box?

--
Satya. <URL:http://satya.virtualave.net/>
Johann Sebastian Schwarzenegger: I'll be Bach!