[ILUG-BOM] Running Netscape on the remote machine

Philip S Tellis philip.tellis@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Fri Oct 5 11:55:59 IST 2001

On Thu, 4 Oct 2001, Satya wrote:

> Oh yes it does. I just ran Xwin32 on the winbox, and it came up with
> the gray screen and X cursor. Running xdm on gort got me a gui login
> on the winbox. This could be because I'm not using rsh and rexec but
> something called XDMCP.

xdm will let you login through windows, but isn't necessary to run
programs.  You could use telnet/rsh/ssh/telepathy to start your program.

Philip

--
Calvin: I'm a genius, but I'm a misunderstood genius.
Hobbes: What's misunderstood about you?

Visit my webpage at http://www.ncst.ernet.in/~philip/
Read my writings at http://www.ncst.ernet.in/~philip/writings/

  MSN  philiptellis                         Yahoo!  philiptellis
  AIM  philiptellis                         ICQ     129711328