[ILUG-BOM] Running Netscape on the remote machine

Satya satyap@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Sat Oct 6 00:17:02 IST 2001

On Oct 5, 2001 at 16:17, Philip S Tellis wrote:

>On Fri, 5 Oct 2001, Satya wrote:
>> Hmm. telnet and rsh are disabled. I haven't downloaded the
>> appropriate ssh thing for xwin. Telepathy is not compiled into any
>sshd on linux, putty on win.

Umm. Yes, the guys can ssh in from the windows boxen. For that matter,
*I* can ssh in from college.

Xwin uses rsh or rexec or XDMCP (radio buttons).

>> of the kernels, nor do I have hardware for it.
>AFAIK, telepathy works with any hardware, I think it also works without
>hardware.

We don't have kernel support for it.

>> I guess I'm better off running xdm. This way we get a cool Linux
>> desktop on Windows.
>Try line - the counterpart of wine.

Heh. How about VNC? Is line better than VNC? How's the current version
of wine?

--
Satya. <URL:http://satya.virtualave.net/>
Could you continue your petty bickering ? I find it most intriguing.