[ILUG-BOM] Cannot find map file

Philip S Tellis philip.tellis@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Mon Oct 8 15:32:02 IST 2001

On Fri, 5 Oct 2001, Pankaj Jangid wrote:

> I have compiled new kernel (2.4.10) without module support. The box
> boots perfectly except a message in kern.log that "Cannot find map
> file". I use grub (instead of lilo) to boot.

Make sure your System.map file is in /boot.  There should probably also
be a symlink from System.map-2.4.10 to it.  You will have to copy your
System.map from /usr/src/linux

Philip

--
printk("Illegal format on cdrom.  Pester manufacturer.\n");
	2.2.16 /usr/src/linux/fs/isofs/inode.c

Visit my webpage at http://www.ncst.ernet.in/~philip/
Read my writings at http://www.ncst.ernet.in/~philip/writings/

  MSN  philiptellis                         Yahoo!  philiptellis
  AIM  philiptellis                         ICQ     129711328