[ILUG-BOM] Re: Re: Re: Re: X bit depth adjustment

Parul Mathur parulmat@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Mon Oct 8 23:01:02 IST 2001

Hello,

I have found out the details of my display card:

Graphics Card: Cyrix XpressGraphics
Manufacturer: Cyrix Corporation
Driver Software version: 4.10.01.1207

The video RAM is 2560 kB (note the extra zero). Earlier I had mentioned
this as 256 kB RAM - I'm sorry.

My CPU is Cyrix MediaGX MMX Enhanced 233 MHz.

While looking for help on google I found this:

http://www.exocore.com/linux/section.php?section=Xwindow#Xwindow_id7

Accordingly, I modified the file /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 as follows:

--------------------/etc/X11/XF86Config-4------------
<snip>

Section "Device"
	# no known options