[ILUG-BOM] Re: X bit depth adjustment

Philip S Tellis philip.tellis@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Wed Oct 10 12:46:03 IST 2001

On 10 Oct 2001, Parul  Mathur wrote:

> Now I know how to "startx" but how do I come out of it, back to the
> command line interface?

If you have a desktop environment running (GNOME, KDE), then you can
click on the main menu button and select logout/shutdown.  It will get
you back.  If you don't want to stop x, just want to get back to CLI,
Ctrl+Alt+F1.  If you want to kill X without saving anything,
Ctrl+Alt+BackSpace

--
Phasers locked on target, Captain.

Visit my webpage at http://www.ncst.ernet.in/~philip/
Read my writings at http://www.ncst.ernet.in/~philip/writings/

  MSN  philiptellis                         Yahoo!  philiptellis
  AIM  philiptellis                         ICQ     129711328