[ILUG-BOM] mirroring the installations over a LAN ? / kernelrelatedquery

Satya satyap@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Fri Oct 12 11:50:06 IST 2001

On Oct 11, 2001 at 22:19, Trevor Warren wrote:

> If ny o u succeed in this deisk replication ...then
>do post it on this list, i think many of us would
>benefit from this.

I mount both drives in one machine, boot off a DeadRat CD, mount
partitions manually, and cp -ax them. That's what I did on the evening
of 21st July 2001. With a flight at 0005 on the 22nd. I replicated my
entire Linux disk and brought it with me. That's cos my disk vendor
gave me a replacement on the 21st after I hollered a lot about leaving
that night.

cp rulez j00.

--
Satya. <URL:http://satya.virtualave.net/>
"...I'm doing a (free) operating system (just a hobby, won't be big and