[ILUG-BOM] Remote X-clients in Debian

Sameer D. Sahasrabuddhe sam_buddhe@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Sat Oct 13 21:33:03 IST 2001

Hi,

I can't get the X-server on my machine to display applications running
on a remote servers. Here's what I have been doing
1. open an SSH connection to the server from my machine
2. set the display environment there so that it points to my machine
3. run "xhost +" to disable access control on my machine

Inspite of that, applications on the remote machine fail to start with
the message "Unable to open the display."

But the same steps seem to work very well on RedHat machines. Is there
something else that needs to be done on Debian?

SameerDS.

=====
--
MTech Student