[ILUG-BOM] Modem string to skip waitfor dialtone

Q u a s i quasiabhi@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Mon Nov 5 18:44:02 IST 2001

At 10:17 AM 11/5/01 +0530, you wrote:
>Use "d0" without quotes in extra settings... viz. at&f&d0x1l3
>  attention,use factory default, don't detect dial tone, use X1 proto and be
>loud)
>
>lilo

Or maybe just adding X1 may help.  My modem manual says -
X1 : Hayes Smartmodem 300 compatible responses/all CONNECT responses/blind
dialing

the blind dialing part says that it starts dialing without waiting for
dialtone etc.
This should work with most modems as most modems are Hayes compatible.

quasi

(good to be back)