[ILUG-BOM] Modem string to skip waitfor dialtone

Philip S Tellis philip.tellis@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Mon Nov 5 20:15:06 IST 2001

On Mon, 5 Nov 2001, Q u a s i wrote:

> Or maybe just adding X1 may help.  My modem manual says -
> X1 : Hayes Smartmodem 300 compatible responses/all CONNECT responses/blind
> dialing
>
> the blind dialing part says that it starts dialing without waiting
> for dialtone etc. This should work with most modems as most modems
> are Hayes compatible.

Hayes compatibility does not apply to eXtended commands.  These are
modem specifc.  Some of them are standard, but many are implemented by
the modem manufacturer specially.  That's why you have different modem
drivers for different modems.

He will have to check his manual for the specific codes for his modem,
or ask someone else with the same mode.

Philip

--
Everyone has a purpose in life.  Perhaps yours is watching television.
- David Letterman

Visit my webpage at http://www.ncst.ernet.in/~philip/
Read my writings at http://www.ncst.ernet.in/~philip/writings/

  MSN  philiptellis                         Yahoo!  philiptellis
  AIM  philiptellis                         ICQ     129711328