[ILUG-BOM] Wat abt our Linux in Schools/Colleges initiative

Philip S Tellis philip.tellis@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Tue Nov 6 17:02:03 IST 2001

On Tue, 6 Nov 2001, Trevor Warren wrote:

>     so now lets get started with the agenda....

Awareness we can do in any college as we already have people to handle
that.  What we really need is a distribution that is geared towards
colleges, and people who know how to set up heterogenous networks -
different kinds of unix, windows, and netware all on the same network.
Remember, that when we deal with colleges, we should not tell them to
stop using netware and windows.  They *must* learn to use all possible
platforms.  We need to show how linux can be used as a server for
interoperability, and how they can share their files across linux,
windows and netware without any effort.

Philip

--
"Unibus timeout fatal trap program lost sorry"
- An error message printed by DEC's RSTS operating system for the PDP-11

Visit my webpage at http://www.ncst.ernet.in/~philip/
Read my writings at http://www.ncst.ernet.in/~philip/writings/

  MSN  philiptellis                         Yahoo!  philiptellis
  AIM  philiptellis                         ICQ     129711328