[ILUG-BOM] Wat abt our Linux in Schools/Colleges initiative

Q u a s i quasiabhi@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Wed Nov 7 00:20:14 IST 2001

At 06:53 PM 11/6/01 +0530, you wrote:
>On Tue, 6 Nov 2001, Sandeep Periwal <yahoo> wrote:
>
> > True Philip I agree, but I think if some folks can volunter, may be
> > we can do a pilot with one shcool, and if successful add more. May
> > be I am too optimistic !! what does ur experience say.
>
>Well, schools follow a strict syllabus that is not open to
>experimentation like colleges are.  So that is a real problem.
>
>Philip

Apart from this I doubt that a lot of schools have many computers and free
access for students.  Computers _may_ be some optional course in some
school, but most of the schools have a small lab with a few computers.  The
thing here would be to introduce the teachers to Linux who in turn will
enlighten the students.

quasi