[ILUG-BOM] Re: Linux in Schools- ground reality

Philip S Tellis philip.tellis@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Wed Nov 7 13:45:05 IST 2001

On Wed, 7 Nov 2001, Vaibhav Arya wrote:

> Your point about budgets makes this more interesting, and I think it
> seriously impacts the 'free-beer' Linux in colleges approach that I was
> pushing. What are your suggestions.

Basically, if they have budgets that have to be used (we do too), then
the best thing is to reclassify that budget.

Rather than saying budget for software, say budget for IT and IT
support.

That way, they can allocate it to software, hardware, tech support and
even books on the subject.

Philip

--
Security check: INTRUDER ALERT!

Visit my webpage at http://www.ncst.ernet.in/~philip/
Read my writings at http://www.ncst.ernet.in/~philip/writings/

  MSN  philiptellis                         Yahoo!  philiptellis
  AIM  philiptellis                         ICQ     129711328