[ILUG-BOM] Red Hat Linux 7.2 ...dissapointin

Ritesh H Shukla ritesh_shukla@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Sun Nov 11 01:17:02 IST 2001

   it's supported out of the box.....
>     i thing somethin's wrong out here....ext3 as a
> JFS, shouldn't ask fsck right....

yes it should'nt...
Yeah check your fstab and demsg for checking if root
is being mounted as ext3
incase ur root is mounted as ext3 and tune2fs -j
/dev/hdxx says that journal already present it can
mean only one thing hat RH has modified the rc scripts
to detect a "hard shutdown" and runs fsck as a
precaution,

I had to convert my / to ext3 by mounting it after I
booted from the installation cd
what i did was booted from cdrom and got my linux
prompt via alt f2 mounted my root and ran /mnt/sbin
tune2fs this is because tune2fs gives a permission
error if you have booted normally
Though this may not apply to you as you have installed
ext3 from scratch...
Do let us know..
-Ritesh