[ILUG-BOM] users have been locked out passwd -l

Un|tZ licicon@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Sun Nov 11 21:02:02 IST 2001

hi friends

i was checking out the passwd -l (to lock a particular account) option on
one of my linux systems. I found that it locked the account alrite and then
i tried to unlock the account by using the passwd -u option and i failed. i
mean, the -u option shows that the account has been unlocked but when i try
to login with the same user account, the login fails. Now this has affected
all the users on my system. I can't seem to login from any of the users
except root. Please help me out from this mess.

Thanks in advance
Dharmesh