[ILUG-BOM] Samba help....

Philip S Tellis philip.tellis@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Wed Dec 12 23:09:23 IST 2001

Sometime Today, Rahul Torvi assembled some asciibets to say:

> Now what I want to do is to a group of users i need to give access
> to create file but they should not be allowed to delete the file. Is

Both create and delete require write permissions on the directory, so I
don't think that one can be offered without the other.  At the most, you
can remove directory write permissions after the file is created.

Philip

--
He knew the tavernes well in every toun.
		-- Geoffrey Chaucer

Visit my webpage at http://www.ncst.ernet.in/~philip/
Read my writings at http://www.ncst.ernet.in/~philip/writings/

  MSN  philiptellis                         Yahoo!  philiptellis
  AIM  philiptellis                         ICQ     129711328