[ILUG-BOM] MODEM

Philip S Tellis philip.tellis@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Wed Dec 19 01:19:02 IST 2001

Sometime on Dec 18, banaja assembled some asciibets to say:

> I want to set up MODEM in my Linux server.
>
> and use it as a proxy server for other machines.

There are howtos on the subject.

First, there are the modem howtos:
http://linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/HOWTO-INDEX/hardware.html#HWMODEMS

Then there's the dial up howtos:
http://linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/HOWTO-INDEX/networking.html#NETDIALUP

The routing howtos:
http://linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/HOWTO-INDEX/networking.html#NETROUTING

the security howtos:
http://linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/HOWTO-INDEX/networking.html#NETSECURITY

You should read through the relevant sections of the above documents,
and then come back with specific questions.  For example:

  I set up my modem to connect to vsnl, and I can dial out perfectly,
  but I'm having trouble resolving hosts, and downloading mail.

Philip

--
Hoping to goodness is not theologically sound. - Peanuts

Visit my webpage at http://www.ncst.ernet.in/~philip/
Read my writings at http://www.ncst.ernet.in/~philip/writings/

  MSN  philiptellis                         Yahoo!  philiptellis
  AIM  philiptellis                         ICQ     129711328