[ILUG-BOM] Linux is not reliable . Windows Still rulez

Nikhil Joshi nikhiljoshy@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Mon Jan 21 13:19:02 IST 2002

> The way that I see it, is that your reasons for switching to linux in
> the first place were wrong.  If you were bored of windows, chances are

   I think I did not make myself clear. I was using dual boot way before
removing windows.
   It's just that I recently switched over to single boot : Only  Linux.

> As far as your initial filesystem crash, do you remember how it
> happened?  Running a journalling file system would have helped you.  I

    Yes my initial and the recent filesystem crash was due to *power
failure*
    Can I have more info 'bout journalling file system please

> Actually, everything you think was lost would have been in the
> lost+found directories of the related partitions.  You do have
separate
> partitions for binaries and data don't you?

    Actually I don't have separate partitions. I have this / and swap
partition only.
    I do this since my hard disk is just 4 gigs. I've read that you have
to be real Linux guru
    to recover the lost+found data. So I did not bother about it. Can
someone please give some
    info about recovering the data from lost+found ?

P.S.
I was really frustrated with the whole incident.
I think that the subject line was little provocative and harsh.
Maybe it's just that rush of blood, that frustration which led to the
harsh statements made by me.
I apologize if I've hurt anyone's feelings. Honestly it was not my
intention.
I hope you understand.
Now I'm planning to install a rock solid Linux installation which won't
crash due to power failures.
Please guide me.