[ILUG-BOM] [3] Error while transfering install image on HDD- Out of disk space

Rajen M. Parekh rajparekh@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Mon Jul 15 11:49:20 IST 2002

On Mon, 15 Jul 2002, Sameer Shinde wrote:

> }
>
>     On the 3rd day i.e. today, I deleted all the 3 linux partitions of the disk &
> accessed the free space from the windows ( fdisk ) & scanned it for any
> bad sector, which I didn't found on the disk so I again partitioned them
> for linux ( in linux setup) But still get the same message as before i.e.
> " An error occurred while transferring......... "
>
> $ { WHY IS THIS MESSAGE COMMING UP? WHERE IS THE MISTAKE? }
> $ { HOW CAN I COME OVER IT ? }
>
>     Here during the partitioning  I got another message that,
> " Automatic Partitioning Failed
>     There is not sufficient disk space in order to automatically partition
> your hard disk. You will need to manually partition your disk for RHL
> to install."
>     Plz choose the tool U would like to use the partitioning your
> system for RHL -  [ Disk Druid & fdisk ]

Use fdisk and make necessary partitions, except a seperate partition for
/boot. For booting problems for partitions beyond 1024 cylinder, you
should use loadlin. To learn more about loadlin, read the doc files along
with it, on the installation CD. But before you can use loadlin, you will
have to boot once into your system, which you can do by using a boot
floppy. After booting into your system copy your kernel image
(/boot/vmlinuz) file to your DOS/Windows partition (or on a floppy and
then copy it on your DOS/Windows partition). Copy loadlin.exe also from
the CD, and then you will be able to boot into linux without much problem.

HTH,
Rajen.

--
If you think before you speak the other guy gets his joke in first.