[ILUG-BOM] Compiling linuxthreads for glibc

Satya satyap@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Fri Jul 19 16:16:02 IST 2002

On Jul 16, 2002 at 14:07, Erle Pereira wrote:

>> /tmp/ccOXB4Wg.s: Assembler messages:
>> /tmp/ccOXB4Wg.s:1214: Error: operands given don't match any known 386
>> instruction
>> /tmp/ccOXB4Wg.s:1221: Error: operands given don't match any known 386
>> instruction
>> make: *** [signals.o] Error 1

>	start looking at the code from  "signals.c " and the includes etc...
> :-) ... yeah i know ... the "FUN" part of working with code.  1214 , 1221
>will be the line # at which you will find it....
>it probably be a "*.s" file...

It's in a .s file, which is deleted as soon as the make stops. Those
files are in /tmp.

>Check in the configure options.. if there is anything to disable special

The configure script consists of:

exit 0

>detection of anyting related to your hardware ( like 3d processing... I do
>not know why / if this could be an issue... but its worth a check )

Possible. I've had trouble with 3D games and AMD processors before.

Googling suggests that the binutils may be at fault, so I've just
downloaded a new binutils (2.12). I'll try it out.

Gah, that's a big package! It's got a very long configure process,
too, it's still running. Okay, seems to be compiling fine. I'll drop
to single user to install it.

Alright, new binutils in place and.... whaddya know! linuxthreads
compiles! Yippee.

--
Satya. <URL:http://satya.virtualave.net/>
ASCII Ribbon campaign against HTML Usenet posts and e-mail