[ILUG-BOM] pppd: not replacing existing default route to eth0

Tapeshwar Nath gtapeshwar@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Thu Aug 1 12:46:30 IST 2002

Hey don't make these changes in the file , it is not needed , just change the default route whenever u connect to net using ppp0 else leave it as it is .
chow
tapesh
 Ashok Iyer wrote:> pppd: not replacing existing default route to eth0
> does any know know what this means?
> i noticed this is the var/log/messages when
> connecting via dial-up
> this message comes when my local network is working.
> however when i disable it ie. my network cards eth0
> etc. then my network link works fine.

Your question is not clear; rather your problem is
not.
Is is that when connecting via dial-up you are
unable to browse beacuse the default route of your
linux machine is eth0. If that is the case then,
ensure
that the following line exits in your
/etc/sysconfig/network file.
GATEWAYDEV="ppp0"