[ILUG-BOM] Intel boards ......suck bigtime

Amol Hatwar amolhatwar@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Fri Aug 2 15:54:03 IST 2002

On Wed, 31 Jul 2002 Trevor Warren wrote :

> [...]
*chop*

Hmmm... I have been through many of the Intel channel meets. They
do give an impression even to dealers that their mobos are really
high end. Unless you are talking server boards, everything else is
plain hogwash.

IMHO, Intel motherboards and even *Intel Chipsets* suck! My AMD
K6-2 350 with a VIA chipset, does faster I/O than a Intel Pentium
III with an Intel Chipset.

I find Linux support for mobo's from manufacturers like ASUS and
Gigabyte is great. Also they are much better than Intel ones in
design. The only regret is that they hurt your pocket.

-ahGive your Company an email address like
ravi @ ravi-exports.com.  Sign up for Rediffmail Pro today!
Know more. http://www.rediffmailpro.com/signup/