[ILUG-BOM] [OT] rules in packet filters

Sameer D. Sahasrabuddhe sameerds@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Thu Aug 22 13:27:33 IST 2002

Hi,

I am looking for typical rules, preferably lots of them, used in packet
filters. I thought ISP's would be a good source of such info, so posting
here with the hope that someone can help me out. Possible applications
include rules for firewalls, differential quality of service, traffic
billing etc. If someone can provide examples of these, please mail me
off the list.

Any format will do, as long as there is a format. I'll take the efforts
to translate them into a form useful to me. I need this for testing a
prototype "reconfigurable" packet classifier that I am working on.

Sameer.
--
   MTech Student,
   Reconfigurable Computing Lab,

####[ Linux One Stanza Tip (LOST) ]###########################
Sub : File/ dir permissions                          LOST #019

Value    Permission                       Directory Listing
0        No read, no write, no execute    ---
1        No read, no write, execute       --x
2        No read, write, no execute       -w-
3        No read, write, execute          -wx
4        Read, no write, no execute       r--
5        Read, no write, execute          r-x
6        Read, write, no execute          rw-
7        Read, write, execute             rwx