[ILUG-BOM] [OT] Interesting Conversation

Philip S Tellis philip@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Wed Sep 4 10:55:15 IST 2002

On Wed, 4 Sep 2002, Nikhil Joshi wrote:

> I had a conversation with my B.E. comp friend  about Linux.
> Basically he is doing a project in VC++

tell your friend that VC++ is not a language.  C++ is a language, you
can do C++ in linux.  Also, tell your friend that if he still programs
in VB, there's something wrong with him.

If he's using MFC in C++, then his programs won't work because the M in
MFC doesn't cooperate.  Tell him it also won't work on any system that
doesn't have M's hand in it - which means his code will work only on
Windows - ie, he's locking himself in to one vendor.

> I can only imagine what it must be like for Arts/Commerce/ ppl to
> understand what is Linux

much easier, since they haven't been exposed to bad habits yet.

--
"Conversion, fastidious Goddess, loves blood better than brick, and feasts
most subtly on the human will."