[ILUG-BOM] [Announce] [ACM] Seminar: Resource Description Framework - Sep 27

Philip S Tellis philip@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Wed Sep 25 19:24:12 IST 2002

Hello friends,

We at ACM Mumbai are organizing a seminar on RDF, which is a general
purpose language for representing information in the WWW and meant
primarily for representing metadata about web-resources.

The seminar titled "Resource Description Framework" is to be held on
Fri Sep 27, 2002 --  *6:30 pm*
at NCST, Gulmohar Cross Road 9, Juhu, Mumbai 400049. [Landmark: Copper
Chimney Restaurant].

(road map available at http://www.ncst.ernet.in/contactus/)

Please note that the seminar is at 6:30pm
and NOT at 5:35pm as written
erroneously in the ACM Mumbai newsletter.

We look forward to seeing you at the seminar.

The abstract of the seminar is given below:
Resource Description Framework(RDF) is a emerging standard monitored by
W3C for describing resources on the web. The seminar will cover what
exactly RDF is, how it can be useful to describe not only resources on the
web but any metadata, and the future of RDF. The talk will be full of
examples and practical discussion on RDF.

About the speaker:
Dharmesh Maniyar is a Staff Scientist in Education Technology Unit(ETU)
working at NCST Kharghar. His areas of interest are Online Learning, Data
Mining and Machine Learning.

- JJH for ACM, Mumbai.