[Commercial][OT] (was Re: [ILUG-BOM] [OT] PHP, XML, mySQL, ...)

aditya newalkar adityanewalkar@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Mon Oct 14 21:38:27 IST 2002

Hello,
     I think the advertisement clearly mentions 2
years of experience...  So clearly it is not a starter
job.

     I agree with devdas about the salary being low.
Good administrators are rare and Unix administrators
are even rare.

Secondly, companies are NOT taking advantage of the
tight market situation.  They have become choosy that
is it.  If he/she is not the person who can start
tomorrow (read: entry level) then companies are not
ready to give offer letters.  Clearly if you see any
experienced person getting job, his/her salaries are
not affected unless one does lot of compromise.

regards,
Aditya