[ILUG-BOM] Linux Cluster

Bhargav Bhatt bhargav.bhatt@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Mon Oct 21 22:57:42 IST 2002

An excellent example of a parallel programming problem would be decrypting RSA
algorithms and other encryption algorithms. In RSA, the major time/cycle
consuming part is coming up with the prime factorizations for modular
base(N). Projects like distributed.net are already working on this. You could
take leads from them.
Another possible parallel programming problem would be something related to
High Performance Scientfic Computing (HPSC). Clusters are widely used in HPSC
everywhere and there is plethora of information available on this on the web.
You could also have some eccentric use of cluster, like computing Pi to the
longest number of decimal places. For such applications, no programs(IMO) are
available for clusters, hence u write one and have it listed of freshmeat if
u care.
HTH,

On Saturday 19 October 2002 07:31 am, Charudatt Mulye wrote:
> <P>Hi,</P>
> <P>I am&nbsp; B.E. student from D.J. Sanghvi COE , and I am building Linux
> cluster as my final year project. I&nbsp;have a book  " Building Linux
> Cluster" published by O'Reily . Can you tell me some other references.
> Further I am planning to demonstrate one parallel programming problem using
> PVM. What PC configurations do you recommend ? Can this be worked out by
> installing master and slave node images of Linux dual port with windows
> ?</P> <P>Can anyone suggest me any parallel programming problem to
> demonstrate on the cluster ?and any other&nbsp;parallel programming API
> plans that fit your lifestyle -- join MSN. <a
> href="http://g.msn.com/8HMDEN/2018">Click Here</a> </html>

Bhargav Bhatt,
Department of Applied Physics and Applied Mathematics,
Columbia University.