[ILUG-BOM] a secure machine has a root password that doesnt work

Sankha Subhra Som sankha@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Tue Oct 22 14:38:44 IST 2002

>Dear Sankha Subhra Som
>Since in practical situations, the root password is often shared between 2
>or more administrators. Hence to enforce control, root is restricted from
>logging in directly to the machine completely.
But how do you enforce that (using securetty u can specify secure terminals,
but how do you enforce it so that only logins thru su are permitted)
And does the statement
"a secure machine has a boot loader password that doesnt work" also make
sense?
Regards
Sankha
--