[ILUG-BOM] Courts in Maharashtra to use Linux.

Nagarjuna G. nagarjun@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Wed Oct 23 14:34:12 IST 2002

On Wed, Oct 23, 2002 at 01:18:22PM +0530, Philip S Tellis wrote:
> On Wed, 23 Oct 2002, P.V. Mohan Krishnan wrote:
>
> >   b) Still looking for a non-GUI word processor which is simple to
> > use, implements curses/ncurses efficiently for screen handling, uses
> > simple fonts ( or no font at all !!) to give speedy outputs of big
> > documents speedily on DMPs. We have not yet found anything remotely
>
> have a look at jstar - it is similar to wordstar that we used to use on
> PCs in the days before Windows existed.

I will say GNU/Emacs fits the bill very well.  If you want font
changes, underlinings, bold and italics you can get them in the
enriched-mode.  Using the macros and abbrevs will make the typists
type at short hand speed.  fI they need we can provide training.

Nagarjuna