[ILUG-BOM] Lets have our own Linux Bombay 2002

Tahir Hashmi code_martial@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Mon Nov 11 09:29:49 IST 2002

On Sun, 10 Nov 2002 14:03:39 +0530
Trevor Warren wrote:

>   Hm....Expo/conference. The Objectives of the same have to be well
> defined. Once we are done with the main objectives we will be able
> to linearise the whole effort and be able to get things moving
> towards having Bombay's First and only Gnu-Linux Expo.
>
>  Though i should tell you tahir, your idea of an Expo/conference on
>  the
> lines of the LinuxWorld held every year in San Jose will be a real
> neat effort to SHOWCASE our cause to the masses in India.

You've got it right! LinuxWorld is exactly what I had in mind. May I
suggest that we go along with our initial plan of Workshops. Atleast
we should complete the "Migration Series". That way we'll get a lot of
recognition with the corporates and later when we approach them with
the idea of an Expo, they'll hopefully be more enthusiastic about it.

Seeing the enthusiastic response of the LUG, it seems quite likely
that we can pull up with an event of this scale. We can even think of
involving LUGs from other places and make this a national event!!

--
Tahir Hashmi (VSE, NCST)
http://staff.ncst.ernet.in/tahir

We, the rest of humanity, wish GNU luck and Godspeed