[ILUG-BOM] Re: Disclaimer Problem

Tahir Hashmi code_martial@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Mon Nov 11 11:10:51 IST 2002

On Mon, 11 Nov 2002 10:46:00 +0530
Kiran Nadgir wrote:

> I don't put the disclaimer in the mail...it comes from the corporate
> mail server....and i don't think such an ISSUE should be made out of
> it.......and i don need ur warning.....u can unsubscribe me from the
> list if its such a problem for u.....but dont give me any warnings
> or anything of that sort....u might b a gr8 lugger but u aint a
> considerate human being.

Chill!

Read that disclaimer slowly and then you'll understand how that
disclaimer is absolutely unappropriate for a mailing list. How can I
justify that I am indeed the intended "specific individual"? How
can_you_ be sure of which "specific individual" is the intended
recipient when you don't even know who all are there on the list?
Lastly, all the messages sent to the list are archived and available
on the web for absolutely anyone to read. "Confidential" it remains no
more. And tomorrow your company sues ILUG-Bom for "disclosure,
copying, or distribution of this message".

So, I can tell the "considerate human being" story to you too. And no,
you need not deny yourself access to this list. Simply subscribe using
another mail account, say, from Yahoo! etc. that doesn't print such
legalese.

PS: Does your company allow personal mails thru the corporate ID?

--
Tahir Hashmi (VSE, NCST)
http://staff.ncst.ernet.in/tahir

We, the rest of humanity, wish GNU luck and Godspeed