[ILUG-BOM] 24 Online Clients

kshitijv kshitijv@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Mon Nov 11 11:48:15 IST 2002

Hi Mitul,
Thanks for prompt reply.
I am aware of "linc". I have tried it also and able to connect to my ISP.
But, my problem is, my ISP has configured the server software so that I can login from only one OS.
E.g. if I login from WIN2000 for first time, I will have to use WIN2k for accessing the Net. I will not be able to login from Linux or even WIN98 afterwards. It says "You are not allowed to login from this machine".

I actually wonder how the server software is identifying that I am trying to login from different OS. The hardware (i.e. Machine) is the same. It is just the case of multibooting system.
I have checked that the port used by the client software on WIN98 and Win2k is different. Is it the cause of problem? If yes, how can I force the client to use same port across all OSs that I have?

-Kshitij

> From: "Mitul Limbani " <mitul at mitul.com>
> To: linuxers at mm.ilug-bom.org.in
> Subject: Re: [ILUG-BOM] 24Online Client for Linux and Multiboot systems
> Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2002 15:21:20 GMT
>

> Relax dude,
>
> We are all over it now ;)
>
> check out
> linc.sourceforge.net
>
> search for cyberoam on sf .. u will get that too.
>
> Best Regards,
> Mitul Limbani
> CTO,
> Enterux Solutions