[ILUG-BOM] Urgent help needed!Problem with win2000 and redhat linux 7.2

Trevor Warren trevor.w@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Mon Nov 11 11:54:16 IST 2002

On Sun, 10 Nov 2002 13:06:17 +0000
"rohit jain" <rohitbaisakhiya at hotmail.com> wrote:

> hi luggers
> as default os to load,but after the installation of linux and reboot
> the machine shows menu of os to be loaded and when i select win2000 it
> goes to dos,but when i select linux it works fine.I cant load win2000
> server now,please help me i need urgent help.
[snip]

 Your bootloader config has to be worked on. I ain't too sure about the
 parameters that go into the

/etc/grub.conf file. But check it out on the net and you should have
more than an appropriate ans to that.

 I suggest first checking which bootloader you are using LILO/GRUB and
the depending on that...go ahead read up the docs and make the
appropriate changes.

For lilo --> /etc/lilo.conf and rerun bash#lilo -v
for grub --> /etc/grub.conf and just reboot.

Bye for now.

Trevor

--
 ( >-    GNU/LINUX, It's all about CHOICE      -< )
 /~\    __  http://www.qmailtheeasyway.com __   /~\