[ILUG-BOM] Linux-Bom?

Nagarjuna G. nagarjun@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Tue Nov 12 18:23:00 IST 2002

On Tue, Nov 12, 2002 at 05:17:41PM +0530, Saswata Banerjee & Associates wrote:
> Just to correct one point. IBM outsources the management of all major events
> they undertake.
> In events of this size, even one mistake can be costly, both in terms of
> money as well as in terms of reaction, review and goodwill.
>
> The point is still of whether we can afford them, but give me a few days and
> we will have that info.

Outsourcing a volunteer based effort is simply meaningful. We are not
completely inexperienced in organizing conferences etc.  since we are
planning to do it for the first time, do it modestly, a reasonably
visible show and be content with it.  Also when you are planning the
dates, do keep in mind the availability of the venue etc.

First how many participants are we expecting, how big an auditorium do
we need, are we doing it for all over the country or Mumbai or
Maharastra.  What will be the focus/theme?

Nagarjuna