[ILUG-BOM] Linux vs Windows as my selection.

Amish K. Munshi amish@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Wed Nov 13 19:25:35 IST 2002

On Wednesday 13 Nov 2002 4:46 pm, Ashish Kulkarni wrote:

> get Debian, Gentoo requires you to download and compile everything that
> you need. that sure makes for a lean and mean system, but most of us
> here don't have permanent internet connections...unless you're one of
> the lucky people who have cable/DSL/whatever. From what I've heard,

I am indeed blessed with a permenant connection, however it is a slow one.
	Does gentoo take a lot of time to install since it probably will compile
everything? I would like to have the KDE 3.1 (beta will do) which comes with
gentoo.
	Also hows is the installation of debian, I had tried an old one and lost a
lot of data, all my mistake though. :-)

> Gentoo is very responsive coz it directly optimizes for your
Get in touch with me at
ICQ 85730949