[ILUG-BOM] cable modem

upendra upengan1978@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Mon Jan 27 17:24:36 IST 2003

Hi all
I use cable modem for my mail seerver on linux Rh 7.0.
setup uses squid ,sendmail ,fetchmail and ipchains
and RIP.
Now question is when i use WinXP For internet sharing
only then my internet usage go up to 400MB and when
same is replaced by above setup then it goes to 1 gb
WHY so much of  difference ? and let me know how to
reduce this on linux ,all other services on linux r
stopped . Wht do i do and is squid the reason?
please mail me if possible...
bye thnx in advance.