[ILUG-BOM] Problem to bring up eth0 in Proliannt DL320 compaq server

Tapeshwar Nath gtapeshwar@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Thu Jan 30 15:03:37 IST 2003

Hi Philip,

I have a doubt,,
if i have configured my network as static ,
then  while booting does Linux search for dhcp
server... and if not, then that interface should come
up properly without any issues....

it is like , if Linux is taking IP from DHCP then
there is no problem... and if it the IP is static then
Linux has no problem bringing up eth0 using that IP. (
i think it doesn;t check for DHCP )

Then what is the problem........

---Tapeshwar

--- Philip S Tellis <philip at konark.ncst.ernet.in>