[ILUG-BOM] Problem to bring up eth0 in Proliannt DL320 compaq server

Tapeshwar Nath gtapeshwar@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Thu Jan 30 16:35:28 IST 2003

Hi all,

Regarding this problem , what i did was i did these
steps to delibrately make the conflict with an NT
machine on the same network:-

#ifdown eth0
#ifconfig eth0 10.3.2.33 netmask 255.255.0.0 (
10.3.2.33 is the
                                     IP of the NT
machine )
This worked fine , it didn;t give me any error stating
that 10.3.2.33 is already allocated, though it gave
error to NT machine (IP for it was taken from DHCP )
saying IP conflict.

So i feel that if we say that IP is static then the
eth0 of linux machine should come up without any
problem , whether conflict or no conflict....

but then donno how to solve kavita's problem.

--Tapesh

--- Philip S Tellis <philip at konark.ncst.ernet.in>