[ILUG-BOM] pop3 arguments

Pradnyesh Sawant pradnyesh@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Mon Feb 10 00:24:37 IST 2003

in mail #775, abhir joshi had described some of the pop3 arguments (e.g. USER,
PASS, LIST, DELE, QUIT) that cud b passed 2 the pop3 server 2 delete mails
directly from the server w/o d'loading them.
i tried the above cmds with my email service provider, the LIST cmd shows only
the mail no. & size.
i also checked some of the RFCs for pop3, but none of them gave me any cmds
that i cud use.
i wud like 2 learn about more such cmds & some sites/ books where i cud get
some info about them.
i actually want 2 write my own pop3/smtp based email client as my software
engg project.
any help regarding the pop3 & smtp cmds wud b greatly appreciated.

thanx!
--

Pradnyesh Sawant ( The Doubtfire )	Ph: 27703060
B.E. I.T. (V.E.S.I.T.)				004, Anand Math chs,