[ILUG-BOM] pop3 arguments

Philip S Tellis philip@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Mon Feb 10 10:42:06 IST 2003

On Mon, 10 Feb 2003, Pradnyesh Sawant wrote:

> in mail #775, abhir joshi had described some of the pop3 arguments
> (e.g. USER, PASS, LIST, DELE, QUIT) that cud b passed 2 the pop3
> server 2 delete mails directly from the server w/o d'loading them. i

ok, first of all...
   b != be

how many keystrokes exactly did you save by taking these hard to read
shortcuts?

> tried the above cmds with my email service provider, the LIST cmd
> shows only the mail no. & size.  i also checked some of the RFCs for
> pop3, but none of them gave me any cmds that i cud use. i wud like 2

Which RFCs did you check?  The relevant RFC will give you all the
commands that you can use, no more and no less.  If you can't do what
you want with those commands, then make a proposal to the guys who've
made the RFC - that's what an RFC is for - Request for Comments.

Philip

--
"To YOU I'm an atheist; to God, I'm the Loyal Opposition."
-- Woody Allen